How I published my first CreateSpace book
Many authors have used CreateSpace with great success and I've happily suggested it to clients. But just how easy is it to turn a manuscript into a perfectly produced paperback?

27 – And finally...




Here's a very brief summary of the stages – it's pleasing there are so few!





  • Create manuscript in Word (using formatted indents and page breaks for new chapters)
  • Copy and paste manuscript into CreateSpace template
  • Create cover
  • Produce PDF version of Word document
  • Submit to CreateSpace, via their download option
  • Receive confirmation there are no technical issues
  • Order proof copy
  • Complete final check and go live
  • Order author copies - from either CreateSpace or Amazon
  • Celebrate!


  • What if you find you have published in haste? My mother has a saying: 'Marry in haste, repent at leisure'. If errors have crept into your final version, it's not too late to remove them. Make the corrections to your Word document, re-submit and relax. 

    And finally... 

    I began writing this memoir as a CreateSpace project – to see how easy it would be to publish a paperback using Amazon’s free software.

    As I developed the manuscript into a book, I recorded the stages in this jargon-free diary. 

    Once you’ve achieved your dream you will hope that people will buy the book – and review it. If you’d like me to read and review your book, have a look at my review website: www.read-reviewed.com

    You can also find me on Twitter: @ReadReviewed