How I published my first CreateSpace book
Many authors have used CreateSpace with great success and I've happily suggested it to clients. But just how easy is it to turn a manuscript into a perfectly produced paperback?

03 – The cull before the storm

St Peter's Square
Although I knew I had hundreds of photos to choose from, I decided I needed to check through them carefully before getting down to writing. Perhaps it was more procrastination, but I knew that within those hundreds were many photos I wouldn't be able to use.

Most of the attractions visited allowed photographs to be taken, but any photos taken on private property might be subject to licence restrictions.

I needed to write the text to complement the images, not just add random holiday snaps that had no real connection. An email was sent to the Vatican Museums and I contacted some of the sites where usable photos had been taken. I stressed that my self-published memoir was just that – and that my photos were not of a professional's standard.