How I published my first CreateSpace book
Many authors have used CreateSpace with great success and I've happily suggested it to clients. But just how easy is it to turn a manuscript into a perfectly produced paperback?

Introduction

I set myself the challenge of producing a paperback, simply to test how easy CreateSpace's free platform was to use.

Some people dream of completing a marathon and never get beyond running around the block a few times. Others dream of writing and publishing a book. If you have a plot running through your imagination, perhaps have even completed the first draft, why not consider self-publishing?

You don't need to be a Paula Radcliffe to run a marathon, nor do you need to be able to run a marathon to enjoy running – I'm proof of that! Writing a book is the same – you don't need to be a Hilary Mantel to write a book and enjoy it.

My jargon-free diary takes you through the stages of how I wrote my first CreateSpace book – and published it. It's jargon-free because there is no jargon. If you can use Word and follow simple instructions that prompt you to 'save' and 'continue', you can produce a paperback.

If you're writing your family's history, it would be the perfect way to produce paperback copies for your family to enjoy and save for future generations. Can you include images? Yes! My book contains thirty images - all in glorious colour.

How much did I need to invest to fulfil my dream? I produced my book for the price of a couple of bottles of cheap Italian plonk.

You just need to write!



If the diary's too much for you to digest, go to the CreateSpace Basics page for a brief summary.