How I published my first CreateSpace book
Many authors have used CreateSpace with great success and I've happily suggested it to clients. But just how easy is it to turn a manuscript into a perfectly produced paperback?

28 – Back to the cover

The great thing about using CreateSpace is that a book can be updated at any time. If you’ve published a book about a local history topic and have unearthed some new information, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t revise your book.

The amount of changes will dictate whether you should actually publish it as a new book, but there’s information about this on the CreateSpace pages.

I decided that I would update my cover. Why? Well, although I’d thought hard about it at the time, I wasn’t really happy with how sharp the image was. I mention its quality in Post 05. So, after some more sifting through my virtual album I decided to use a photo I’d taken of some fridge magnets.

“Fridge magnets?” I hear you shout. Yes. The photo is colourful and fridge magnets are mentioned in the book. The photo used was taken on my last full day in the city and I felt that it was both apt and an improvement.

Of course, changing the cover meant changing the interior of the book. I had listed the original photo and needed to change its description. 

That done, the files were uploaded and the new version available. It takes some time (a couple of days, no more) for the Amazon pages to show the new cover but once it’s live (as confirmed by email from CreateSpace), any orders will be for the new version.

A year after I considered this project complete, I was still tweaking. Now I think it's time to move on to my next project...